Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Quinoa with kale

Because it is just delicious!

Fried kale was the only green my mother would be able to get inside my belly. I wasn't crazy about it, but with eating less fake flavors and tasting more the real ones, I fell more and more in love with it. I bet my mother didn't see that coming :-)

Really, this is the best kale recipe I know. Although quite different from my mother's, which uses garlic, it still holds a resemblance to the original since has that kick of the same family - onion!

I personally find that this matches very well with quinoa (as any other edible greens, perhaps a bit more) and a hint of soy sauce might make you go for seconds.

Well, like my mother once said over a giant, scentful, richly sweet jackfruit that we just opened, let's not waste time talking :-)


Quinoa with kale

LingQ


Ingredients
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 big bunch of kale, finely chopped
  • 1-3 onions, chopped
  • 1 bit curcuma (turmeric)
  • 1 drizzle soy sauce (optonal)
Cooking Directions
  1. Add the quinoa and the water to a pot with a matching lid and bring to a boil
  2. Lower the fire and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the kale.
  3. Fry the onions until transparent in a bit of olive oil.
  4. Add the kale, stirring constantly, until it goes soft enough.
  5. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love kale! I usually make crispy kale, so this is something new to try. What's curcuma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cecilia, that's very nice as well, I think I will make it again one of these days. I have so many dishes in my head, tried and not tried, that I end up forgetting a few of them :-)

      Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot that turmeric is the most common name for curcuma, and many thanks for stopping by!

      Delete