Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Simple 5 ingredient gluten free bread

Photo by me
Elated taste buds.

It is real bread, gluten free.

While it worked to make sandwiches with waffles, there is nothing that could compare to a fresh yeast real bread, which I was able to make thanks to Solveig from Gluten Free Vegan Girl. I have tried loads of gluten free bread recipes and that is the only one that made me burst in tears of joy. It is real bread. And gluten free :-)

Royalty Free Stock Photography

I only have one adjustment to suggest; start with three cups of water instead of five. I don't know what superpower psyllium she uses (maybe it is because she uses psyllium powder and I use the husks) but mine is certainly not like that. Psyllium is the thingy playing the role of the gluten, but it is actually good for you and it is even used for helping to flush the intestines.

For the original recipe, check Solveig's recipe here.

Update, May 27: I made them again, and it turned out great! I have put a squeze of fresh orange juice to improve the quality of the dough. Made with 3 cups of water. Bake until very brown on top.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! I had managed to completely miss the typo about the amount of water. Nonetheless, I am glad to hear you found a way to make it work and enjoyed it.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete